Nutrition Database Choices
Use databases to search for peer-reviewed research articles. More databases are available on the library's database pages.
- Annual Reviews: The Annual Review of Nutrition, in publication since 1981, covers the significant developments in the field of nutrition.
- CINAHL (EBSCOhost): Authoritative and comprehensive research database for nursing and allied health. Some full text.
- Health Source: Nursing Academic Edition (EBSCOhost): Consumer health topics in the medical sciences, food sciences & nutrition, childcare, sports medicine, and general health.
- DynaMed (EBSCOhost): Clinical reference tool for use primarily at the point of care.
- Micromedex: Information on drugs, diseases, toxicology, laboratory tests, and alternative medicine. On-campus use only. Ask a librarian for username and password.
- Sage Journals: Full-text collection of journals published by Sage in business, humanities, social sciences, science, technology, and medicine.
- Education Research Complete (EBSCOhost): Covers early childhood to higher education, and all educational specialties, such as multilingual education, health education, and testing.
- ERIC (EBSCOhost): Authoritative educational database indexing journals and documents.
- MEDLINE (EBSCOhost): Authoritative information on biomedical research for clinical sciences, veterinary medicine, and healthcare professions.
- ProQuest Nursing and Allied Health Source: Contains over 250 leading full-text trade and scholarly publications in nursing and allied health.
Science Direct: Full-text journals for life and health sciences from 1995-present. Abstracts for other scientific information.